Thread: 08-27-16 - Bayfield Comic Con 2 - Bayfield, WI

Visitor

08-27-16 - Bayfield Comic Con 2 - Bayfield, WI

Hello my name is Zach Wagner and - I am the WI Garrison Command Staff Event Coordinator.

I am posting this on behalf of another member of WI Garrison - we are reaching out to ask if some brothers and sisters from Central Garrison would like to join us in a mini comic-con at a high school. Currently we only have one member in the area signed up, if anyone is interested please send me a PM. Here are the event details. It is not expected to appear the entire time just discuss with Chris who is going when you are available.

Event Name: Bayfield Comic/Sci-Fi Con 2
    Venue: Bayfield School (gym)
    Venue address: 300 N 4th St, Bayfield, WI 54814
    Bayfield, Wisconsin
    USA
    Event Start: August 27 - 9:00 AM
    Event End: August 28 - 5:00 PM
    Event Website: Being constructed
    Expected number of attendees: 300
    Requested number of characters: 5-10
    Requested character types:
    Secure changing/staging area: Yes
    Comments: Last year, the Bayfield Library hosted the area's first ever Comic/Sci-Fi Con. It was a big success. The plan was that, if it was a hit, to have another one but wait a year. But because response and enthusiasm for the event was very positive, and several people asked if we were going to have another one next year. The event was also well publicized, including exposure on WPR. The director (Blair Nelson) decided to have second Con in 2016. He was awarded a grant to fund it.

This year, we've expanded the event to two days, and we are holding the Con at a larger venue, the Bayfield School. Guests include author Gary Carlson, artist Gordon Purcell, and Christopher Russo, who will have a makeup FX demo and workshop. New this year will be Superhero Jeopardy, and Science Fiction Jeopardy. We will also be showing part III of the documentary "Superheroes: a Never-ending Battle" and comic book movie at the library.

If there's any way we can help get you guys up here to Bayfield (I know it's a long way) or help in any way with a place to stay, please let me know. It'd be great to make this happen. I can help provide any other information you would like, including details about the grant funding. Thanks for your consideration.
    Referred by: Online and Facebook

Aaron Lilyerd

Minnesota Wolfpack Squad Member
    Central Garrison Member

Commander
    Hey that's only 3 hours away for me and Sara! I'd love to, but I won't know if I can until MUCH closer to the event.
    Aaron Lilyerd - Aosen <> TK-ANH Stunt <> TK-First Order Riot Control

Visitor
    Thank you Aaron! Our member would love any help from Central Garrison with him on this event which is his first troop!

Please keep us posted here when the event gets closer!
    (btw I'm GM -7024 we've talked on FB - you helped with pics for my GM, thanks for all your help.)

Aaron Lilyerd

Minnesota Wolfpack Squad Member
    Central Garrison Member

Commander
    Will do!
    Aaron Lilyerd - Aosen <> TK-ANH Stunt <> TK-First Order Riot Control